Are you feeling like your health and wellness is never quite where it should be, and that you could be looking after yourself better than you are? We all try to maintain our health and look after ourselves, but sometimes our busy lives take over and we forget the basics. Maybe it’s time for a refresh!
The second week in October is National Health Education Week in the Philippines, which aims to raise awareness of the importance of leading a healthy, balanced life, which in turn helps to create a health-conscious nation of people who care about their own, and other’s wellbeing. The success of a nation is largely dependant on the health of its people.
Adopting healthy habits is essential for people of all nationalities, including Filipinos. There are seven healthy habits that can benefit individuals in the Philippines or anywhere else:
- Move more, eat right – Moving more and eating right are essential for a healthy lifestyle. Regular physical activity boosts energy, mood, and overall well-being. A balanced diet reduces the risk of chronic diseases. Together, they promote a longer, healthier life.
- Care for yourself, care for others – Caring for yourself and others is the foundation of a compassionate and harmonious society. Prioritizing self-care, like maintaining physical and mental health, enables you to be a better support system for loved ones.
- Be clean, live sustainably – Living sustainably is vital for our planet’s future. It means reducing waste, conserving resources, and making eco-friendly choices. Sustainable living involves recycling, using renewable energy, reducing water consumption, and supporting environmentally friendly products and practices.
- Do no harm, put safety first – Making informed decisions to prevent accidents, protect your health, and ensure well-being in various aspects of life.
- Get vaccinated – Getting vaccinated is a crucial step to protect yourself and others from infectious diseases.
- Don’t smoke, avoid alcohol, say No to drugs – Smoking, drinking, and drug abuse you’re your health. These habits increase risks of diseases, addiction, and accidents. Avoiding them promotes well-being, better quality of life, and healthier communities.
- Practice safe sex – Sexual health starts with safe sex. It involves using protection like condoms, regular testing for STDs, and open communication to prevent infections and unintended pregnancies while fostering responsible relationships.
For those wanting to be proactive, and get a more scientific insight to their current health status and learn about their propensity for developing serious health problems, genetic testing is the answer. EasyDNA Philippines has a range of tests that can give you the answers to your health-related questions, from a genetic perspective. The health and wellbeing tests include:
Celiac Disease Genetic Testing – Around 83% of celiac diseases suffers go undiagnosed. Could you be one of them?
Lactose Intolerance Test – A lactose intolerance test will establish whether you carry certain a gene mutation which makes you unable to produce the enzyme which helps digest lactose.
Genetic Predisposition Test – An innovative test which allows you to discover whether you are genetically predisposed towards developing a number of diseases and medical conditions.
DNA Diet and Health Weight Test – The DNA Diet and Health Weight Test can help you understand why you can’t keep off those extra pounds, providing you the personalised nutrition and fitness recommendations you need to get your weight to budge – and keep it off.
Intolerance Sensitivity Test – Intolerance testing uses a sample of your hair to determine your sensitivity to up to 800 food and 325 non-food items. Testing includes a nutrition, metal toxicity, gut biome and hormonal analysis!
So you really have no excuse! Simple changes to your diet and lifestyle, combined with a DNA test that will answer your specific health related questions is a great start in your journey to know your health. Educating yourself about your health is the first step towards a health and happy life!