Time to Celebrate – 75 Years of World Health Day
Do you ever look at the images on your social media pages and think, “Wow, how do they look so good?” or “I wish I were as healthy as that person.”? Life is busy. We often have all the best intentions of getting fit, losing weight, moving more and eating healthier, but sometimes, our busy schedules get in the way, and before you know it, the day is over and you’re exhausted and ready for bed. Forget New Year’s resolutions, what about turning over a new leaf in April? If your health journey has taken a turn for the worse, or if you’re in a bit of a slump, now is the perfect time to shake it up and do a master reset on your overall health.
World Health Day is on April 7, and 2023 marks the 75th anniversary of this momentous day. In 1948, countries of the world came together and founded the World Health Organisation (WHO) to promote health, keep the world safe and serve the vulnerable, with the aim of providing improvements in health to all, regardless of their location, race or financial status. This year’s theme is Health for All, with some of the key messages including:
- A vison that all people have good health for a fulfilling life in a peaceful, prosperous, and sustainable world.
- The right to health is a basic human right. Everyone must have access to the health services they need when and where they need them without financial hardship.
- Almost two billion people face catastrophic or impoverishing health spending, with significant inequalities affecting those in the most vulnerable settings.
These are all important things to consider, when thinking about our own, and the health of others. So, what can you do on a personal level if you want to improve your health? Surprisingly, the answer could start with your own DNA.
The DNA Diet & Healthy Weight Test from EasyDNA Philippines can help you to take the first steps in moving towards a healthier, and as a result, happier life. This test provides personalised weight management, fitness and nutrition advice based on your genetic makeup. Your results will closely analyse your food intake, helping you understand the interaction between what you eat and your genetic makeup as well as provide a recommended diet plan that can help you reach your goals. Your 70-page results report will have you on the right track to feeling better about what’s on the inside, and the outside!
Your results will include useful information about:
- Your weight loss ability: is your body a weight loss wonder, or are you more geared towards slow and steady weight loss? Your genes hold the answers.
- Carbs, proteins and fats: What are the right recommendations of fats, carbs and proteins for your genetic makeup but also for your age, height and gender?
- Nutrients & vitamins: What nutrients and vitamins do you need? Vitamins and micronutrients support functions in our body which affect your weight. All will be revealed in your results.
- Cardio response/strength training/exercise regimes: How intense should your workouts be? How often should you be working out?
EasyDNA Philippines also has a wealth of other health and wellness tests, including:
Celiac Disease Genetic Testing – Discover if you have the genes associated with Celiac Disease.
Lactose Intolerance Test – Feeling sick after dairy foods? You could be lactose intolerant.
Children’s DNA Discovery – Find our how genetics affects your child’s behaviour, personality, and physical traits.
Intolerance Sensitivity Test – Rashes? Skin Problems? Feeling strangely Ill? You could have an intolerance.
So, it’s obvious that there’s a health test to help make everyone a better version of their current self. Take control of your health this World Health Day, and become a champion of your own health.